Making pom pom animals are so much fun and puppies are a great place to start. These little cuddly creatures are so adorable and look like real puppies.
What you need to
make a pom pom puppy
All you need for this project is:
- doll eyes and nose
- pink wool
- black wool
- E6000 glue
How to make a pom pom puppy
For a full video tutorial, watch here:
Pom Pom Puppy Tutorial
- Make 1 large and 2 small pom poms. If you’ve never made a pom pom before, check out my post on how to use the Clover pom pom maker!
- Place the eyes but don’t glue yet! Begin trimming in the shape of a face.
- Add the nose, but don’t glue yet! Keep trimming in the shape of a face.
Keep the area around the nose longer – that’s what give it a realistic look.
- Continue trimming to make the shape look like a dog. It takes some patience, but just keep trimming!
- Once you like the way the dog looks, you can go ahead and glue the eyes and nose on. Dab a small amount of glue onto the back of each piece and press it into the pom poms. I used E6000 glue for this project.
- To make the mouth, add some black wool and use a needle to push it in and shape the mouth.
- To make the tongue, use the needle to mold the pink wool into a tongue shape and press it into the pom pom.
- Trim and sculpt as needed. Use the needle to help sculpt fine details.
- Finally, glue on the two small pom poms as the ears!
How cute is this pom-pom puppy?!
If you want to make another pom-pom craft, check out this pom-pom pumpkin!