DIY bathroom mirror using recycled rolled magazines
You have nothing but time, right? Well, then, this is the craft for you! This one is not an easy one but is great for older kids and adults. It is also not a quick one, but one that you can work on over time. You have nothing but time at this point, so why not do a little bit each day. So while you’re decluttering your home, put aside all of those junk catalogs and magazines so you can make this beauty.
WHAT DO I NEED?
- CHIP BOARD RING
- CRAFT GLUE
- PENCIL OR SKEWER
- GLUE STICK
- HOT GLUE GUN (make sure you use either hot glue or a strong glue to secure the mirror)
HOW DO I MAKE THEM?
- cut pages out of your magazines and rip in half the long way
- roll the magazines starting from the corner around a pencil or a skewer (see video)
- use the glue stick as you go to keep the magazine from unravelling
- make 30-50 of these magazine rolls (this takes time, but can be done a few each day)
- tie a string to the chipboard ring so that you can hang it up at the end
- glue the rolled magazines on to the chip board
- hot glue the mirror (you can also make this on top of an existing mirror
If you love this project, you might also love the recycled rolled magazine leaves.