Affiliate disclaimer: Although I stand by all of the products I use, I can receive a small commission from any products purchased via my links.
If you have a few basic supplies, this is an easy project. For adults doing this with kids, please help them with the hammer and nails. Also, protective eye wear is a must! If you don’t have a wooden plank on hand, you can always do this project on a canvas using push pins instead of nails. Or…You can do push pins on styrofoam. The possibilities are endless. In the photos and video below, I used a heart. But you can do anything – stars, moons, initials, whatever you want. The basic open shapes are for first timers. As always, let me know if you’ve got questions, I am happy to help. I am excited for the project for day five – I worked on it all day today but didn’t finish editing the video. Hoping this gives you something to look forward to.
WHAT DO I NEED?
- WOOD PLANK or CANVAS or STYROFOAM
- NAILS or PUSH PINS
- HAMMER (if you decide to use the option with the nails)
- SHAPE OR TEMPLATE
- STRING OR YARN
- SAFETY GOGGLES OR GLASSES
HOW DO I MAKE THEM?
- PLACE A SHAPE ON THE WOODEN PLANK
- MARK SPACES ONE INCH APART
- HAMMER THE NAILS INTO THE WOOD
- TIE THE YARN ONTO THE NAILS AND WRAP THE STRING FROM NAIL TO NAIL
- TIE A KNOT AROUND THE NAIL AND TRIM THE EXCESS